Ask the pharmacist about the unique features of the Polyox Bandage
Treatment of Wounds Without Infection
- Phenytoin 5%/Misoprostol 0.0024% Topical Gel
- Phenytoin 2%/Misoprostol 0.0024%/Lidocaine 2%/Bupivacaine HCI 0.2%/Diphenhydramine HCI 1%/Aloe Vera 0.2% Polyox Bandage
Polyox Bandage is a good base for oozing wounds.
- Ketoprofen 2%/Lidocaine 2%/Misoprostol 0.0024%/Phenytoin 2%/Aloe Vera 0.2% Topical CreamAsk the pharmacist about the healing properties of phenytoin.
Treatment of Infected Wounds
- Misoprostol 0.0024%/Phenytoin 5%/Metronidazole 2% Topical Gel
- Misoprostol 0.0024%/Phenytoin 5%/Gentamicin 0.2% Topical Gel
Treatment of Wounds with Pain
- Morphine Sulfate 1 mg/mL Topical GelTopical morphine is an option for wound pain and is usually requested after someone has had minimal success with lidocaine.
Ask the pharmacist about the PCCA VersaBase® Cream/Gel – hypoallergenic and non-irritating
Additional Information to Consider
- To help increase blood flow, consider nifedipine or pentoxifylline in or around the wound.
- Phenytoin 5%/Misoprostol 0.0024%/Nifedipine 2% Topical Gel (VersaBase®) Ask the pharmacist for additional formulations.
- Consider using PCCA VersaBase® Gel or VersaBase® Cream as a hypoallergenic base for wound care.